Monday, January 17, 2011

Changes, Updates, and the End to a Long Wait!

Well.....December 21. For those of you wondering that was my last post. A lot has changed since that post, and I am hoping to get back into a little more regular posting.
First, the big news. I have always prided myself as being an above average Disc Priest, but for the first time since my first raids, way back in the days of ToC, I am once again raiding as *gulp* HOLY!

I resisted the change to holy for a very long time. For one thing, it brought back memories of my first raids, which were usually characterised by my being at the bottom of a long list of people (sometimes even the pally tanks). I then gave it a few tries in the final days of ICC, but it was fairly complex, and I saw no reason to switch. Well Jubilance decided to go to a split format, one 10 man, one 25 man, you can read a bit about our thought processes and the sadness that it brought on Janyaa's blog. With this change came the realization that I could no longer prevent damage and rely on another healer to top up what I missed. With only three healers and Mana at a premium, I really needed to be able to put out all the "real" heals I could. I also found that with the mana pools as small as they were Rapture just wasn't effective enough at returning mana, and I was going OOM much faster than my fellow healers. I am fairly happy with my new spec, you may even say I am loving it almost as I used to love Discipline, so I have said goodbye to Disc, atleast for this first tier of raiding, and am doing all I can do to be the best holy priest I can.

Ok next up: Jubi's switch and our progress! With the split came a lot of drama, and a lot of frustration for some who were trying to put together that 25man without ten of the more regular players. The ten man started a lot sooner than the 25man, which was actually one of the reasons for the split, although not the major one. We were able to start raiding on January 4th and 5th, and in those 2 days of 3 hour raids, we were able to get down five bosses, Magmaw, Omnitron, Halfus, Valiona, and Conclave. Needless to say I am quite happy that we were able to average around an hour of work for one boss kill (and given the VERY slow start of our raid on the 4th, pulling almost an hour late, a lot closer to that ratio). This past week we downed all the same but Omnitron in the first night, and on the second night we had a healer that had some RL stuff come up, and given
  1. How short the guild already was on healers.
  2. How much behind on gear/experience pugs are.
We decided to go for Omnitron two healing, and leave it at that. We were successful, which was a huge shot of confidence for us, being able to two heal a fight on only our second week of raiding is kind of amazing for a guild that only raids around 6 hours a week. On a side note you can find the majority of our boss kills, either the first or second time through, including our 2 heal of Omnitron, on Janyaa's blog, and her youtube channel (I will get to putting up some on here someday...)

Well that is pretty much all I have for now, I am sure I will have lots more to blog about in the next week, I should have a ton of material saved up from my almost month of inactivity right?

No comments:

Post a Comment